Thursday, December 1, 2011

So it is December, and Christmas is upon us!

It's over a week now since Hannah's first birthday - disturbing to notice that the time gallops on, even after this momentous milestone! I'll blink and she will be turning two!

Inspired by my lovely friend Tracey who blogs daily, I'm going to make a concerted effort to post more regularly. Not every day, but regularly!!

Hannah has had her 12 month check-up with the nurse the day after her birthday, and a visit to the doctors for vaccinations. Plus a referral to get an x-ray on her hips, as the nurse was concerned about uneven creases and leg length indicating a possible hip issue. The doctor seemed less concerned, so we are hoping it is nothing! Must go early next week to get the x-ray done. Hopefully our minds will be at ease before Christmas.


It's a little hard to focus on Christmas when we have a birthday and a wedding anniversary just one month before, but I managed to get organised on the gift side of things anyway! Yay me! Today a big box has gone over to Perth with all my family's Christmas presents in it, plus my Dad's birthday present for the 12th. Now I feel much better!

Just a few more bits & pieces to get and I'm all done. I don't want to be bothered with shopping and wrapping once Liv arrives for her visit! I am waiting for her to get here before we put the tree up, though. I'd like to get some nice photos of us all doing it together.

A few random iPhone snaps from the past week or so...


Playing in the bath with some new toys
The castle I built with Hannah's new wooden blocks!!!
It seems I can't see no more!!
Qantas is on sale again, and so we are looking at our next trip back to Perth. Probably early March. Hard to believe that by then, it will be 9 months since we were there last time! Hmmm, I wonder if Hannah will be crawling (or walking?!) by then. Trying to swing the flight times so that she'll sleep for some of it, both ways!!


Friday tomorrow - yay!

1 comment:

  1. Loving these new posts! I'll be looking forward to keeping up to date with all the fun happening over there! Love the pics, love how you built a big castle out of Hannahs blocks! I think sometimes us parents have more fun with their toys than they do!! Good news about a possible trip to Perth and good on for all your organization with the presents!

    ReplyDelete