Anyway, she wasn't happy, and after a dose of Dymadon, some snot-sucking with the aspirator, lengthy attempts of patting, back rubbing and shushing in the cot, then lots and lots (and lots and lots) of cuddling in the rocker, she EVENTUALLY fell asleep in my arms. I got her back into the cot and crawled back to bed myself... at 5:10am!!! The birds were starting to sing! ARGH!
Then at 6:45am I heard her wake up seemingly happy! HUMPH. I did NOT feel happy at all. Not used to this broken sleep business anymore!
Anyway, we had a quiet morning and to make ourselves feel a bit better, we headed down to the village for a coffee and a treat...
![]() |
| MMMmmmmmm, cupcake! (Just a little taste ;-) |
![]() |
| Hellooooooo big Sister... are you in there?!? |
I rang the doctors yesterday as I hadn't heard any news about Hannah's X-rays. Turns out this was because the doctors hadn't heard anything either *rolls eyes*. They had to ring the imaging people at Westmead and ask for the report to be faxed over. I can't stand incompetence! The doctor left a msg on my voicemail while I was bathing Hannah last night, saying that basically the report seems fine and she doesn't think there is anything we need to worry about, however she isn't working again until next week, and she wants to call the imaging people for some clarification on the films, as the report doesn't tell her as much as she'd like. So I'm not quite sure what to make of all that, but fingers crossed it will all be fine.
Crawling or walking Hannah may not be, but she doesn't have a problem getting around. The alphabet mats are essentially a great idea. Until the babies reach a certain age and then THIS happens...
... alllllll the time, several times a day. I put them back, and she rips them up again. Still, I get some weird sense of satisfaction when they're all neatly put back together at nap time and bed time. Other attempts at any other time of day are just futile!



Aww those nights are hard work right?! Poor things :( Glad Hannah is okay now, and hopefully you can catch up on that missed sleep! Haha
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at you putting the alphabet maps all back together at the end of the day ... I did the exact same thing! Until I got completely sick of them and threw them out, drove me nuts! Why don't kids like things neat and tidy like we do? hehe
Glad to hear that things are looking positive with the x-ray :)