Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My first Mother's Day

Sunday 8th May 2011 was my first Mothers Day as a mummy! We enjoyed Sunday morning snuggles in bed (as we do most mornings, actually!) and then went downstairs for pressies!

I had two wrapped presents and two cards; one of each from Hannah and from the dogs!!


I got a very very cool Sony Digital Radio with iPod/iPhone dock, which I LOVE and have the radio on every day and my phone on charge constantly!! The doggies got me my fave chocolates (which I reckon they thought they had a chance in sharing - dream on!!) and some CD's :-)

Being a Sunday, it was also soccer day, so we headed out to The Rocks for lunch first and a wander around the markets (I got two new headbands that are nice and loose and don't give me a splitting headache - such bliss!).

We had lunch at Doyles seafood restaurant, overlooking the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. We are still such tourists!!! Love the views!!

The view from our table


















Later in the afternoon we headed to soccer, which was only a 15 minute drive from where we were for lunch. Hannah and I spent time chilling on a rug on the grass. The weather was gorgeous (luckily, as there was ZERO shelter!)

Mum & Bub on our first Mothers Day together xxx
Once we were home I rang my Mummy to wish her a Happy Mothers Day and have a chat. She was thrilled to bits with the pressies and card I'd sent her; a fridge magnet, keyring and notepad, personalised with photos of me and Hannah. She said she got all teary when she opened them. Awwww! Miss you Mum! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! What a Mothers Day! It looked amazing - what a treat going to the restaurant overlooking the opera house! You sure did get spoilt hun - you deserve it :) Pics looks gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete