Here she is having her first taste of Farex rice cereal, at exactly five months old...
![]() |
| OOooo this is fun - what's this?! |
![]() |
| OK I think I get the idea... |
![]() |
| URGH! Mum! What the?!?! |
Can't say I blame her really, the stuff is foul!! Since then we've tried it again several times, mixed with some pear and also mixed with pumpkin; a massive fail each time. Hmmmm.
She DID enjoy the taste of the lid to the icecube trays that I used to freeze the puree pumpkin!
We've also tried some of the Rafferty's all natural food sachets. She turned her nose up at those as well. She did swallow a TINY bit of one the other day, "sweet potato, carrot and sweetcorn". I was so excited!!
One afternoon we were having a cuppa, and Mark gave her a plain Arnotts biscuit. Whaddya know, that was a BIG HIT!
Baby rusks also seem to be a hit...
Considering the puree doesn't seem to be going down too well, but the biscuit and rusk that she held herself was a success, I thought OK, we'll try some finger food! Steamed a few pieces of broccoli and left her to it. Her intention is all there, she goes straight for it, picks it up, straight to the mouth, but then appears to be thoroughly disgusted at the taste!!! She tried several times but to her utter disappointment, it tasted the same every time!!
She seems to like the concept of picking things up and shoving them in her mouth, though, so I tried her with a steamed carrot and beans. The result was positive! Into the mouth, lots of sucking and very minimal disgusted facial expressions!
I think we'll just have to keep trying. She has to eat eventually... right?!?!?!
I've also just noticed that all my child seems to wear is a bright pink Wondersuit... not true! It's just they are her PJ's and I'm usually doing this on a morning, haha!









Aww adorable, I love the step by step .. I feel like I was there! Hannah seems to like the self feeding method! x
ReplyDelete