Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Rocks and Darling Harbour

It was Liv's last full weekend here before she goes back to Perth next Sunday, so we headed out today for some good old fashioned Sydney sight seeing! It was perfect weather for lots of outdoor strolling... warm-ish, but overcast. I don't do well with direct sun!!!

We left home bright and early (OK, 8.30 am, but that's early for us!). First stop, Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe, for breakfast. I was SO starving by the time our food arrived that I forgot to take a photo of the pancakes, but they were sooooo goooooood!!! But here we are about to drive over the Sydney Harbour Bridge...




Now ordinarily, after driving all that way for such a special treat, I'd have had the chocolate sauce. HOWEVER, staying true to my '30 Days Without' chocolate, I had maple syrup and cream instead *polishes halo* hehe! 

Here's a couple of photos of Hannah kicking back (quite literally) over breakfast and enjoying some of our pancakes...


Yeh, what? You gotta problem with how I'm sitting?!

Mmmmmmmmmm, pancakes!
After breakfast we took a walk through The Rocks Markets. Absolutely AWESOME markets full of such amazing things!! If only I had a spare few hundred bucks to spend on a whim! From there, we walked down to the water to take some photos.


Leaving the markets

A Qantas Jumbo over the harbour bridge...it doesn't get more Aussie than that!




It all looks so lovely and picturesque doesn't it?! Well, not long after taking this last photo, Hannah got cranky. Then when we put her back in the stroller, she cracked it big style and threw a tantrum, screaming her head off for a good 5 minutes. LOVELY! We just kept walking. Eventually, she got over it, stopped crying and was back to looking around as though nothing had happened. *rolls eyes*

Onwards and upwards! Next stop, Darling Harbour. Where it appears we didn't take any photos! Oops! Hannah had a nap in the pram (and woke up a MUCH happier little girl afterwards!).

So peaceful and sweet ;-)
After a very yummy lunch in a new noodle bar, Liv took Hannah for her very first ride on the merry-go-round. I wasn't sure how she'd react once they started moving, but she was fine!! 


Ahhhh, more special memories being made!
We had a lovely day. Sydney is such a fantastic city!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome day! You guys have done so many fun things, I bet Liv has enjoyed every second of it! Loving the photos, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete