Monday, January 2, 2012

Our Christmas Holidays Project

It has been YEARS and YEARS since I've done a jigsaw puzzle. I've often thought about buying one, then thinking "oh but I need a board to put it on" (so I can move it around). "Where do I get a board from". It ends up in the too hard basket and I never bothered.

When Liv got here she said, we should do a jigsaw puzzle! RIGHT, that was it. We headed into Richmond one very very very (very) wet morning, the perfect type of weather for the in-and-out-of-the-car type expedition we were embarking on... NOT! 

I ran into an art supplies shop, who's owner just happened to have some large boards that her husband was cutting down to various sizes to sell in their shop. I got a massive board for $12 - bargain! Next stop, the toy shop which we've been in before and I know has a good selection of puzzles. We chose our puzzle...


We couldn't wait to get home and make a start! Just a slight intermission to change a revolting poo nappy on the back seat of the car (while my back and butt got wet from the rain), and we were on our way home with puzzle and board... on board haha. *oh groan*.

With much excitement and anticipation, we separated the border bits that afternoon, and put it together the next day.

Border complete! Now... where to start?!?!
It then became apparent that we had possibly bitten off more than we could chew with our puzzle selection! It was HARD! I spent the first 24 hours saying "this is crazy, there's no way we can do this, this is way too hard" and all sorts of similarly spectacular positive self talk, HA! Shame on me! Then I calmed down and relaxed into taking it one piece at a time... and whaddya know, it started coming together!

It's a start!
 Bit by bit, piece by piece...

Definitely getting there! My work on the left, Liv's on the right.
We are actually much further along now than this last photo, but I haven't taken a recent one. Will do tomorrow for the next update! 

Have enjoyed doing this so much that we've ordered two more puzzles online :-)

1 comment: