Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to me :-)

I had a LOVELY Mother's Day :-) 

The day kicked off with Hannah handing me my Mother's Day card, her little hand clutching the envelope, holding it out to me and looking at me with big beautiful innocent eyes, and then when I took it and said "Thank you bubba!" she put her arms out and gave me a big hug. OH MELT!!!!!!

We headed out straight after breakfast to Darling Harbour. It was a bit chilly and windy, but beautiful and sunny. A coffee was first up! I love going into Starbucks!!

We sat outside in the sunshine enjoying the gorgeous view and our coffee. I'd also bought a plain bagel to share, which was SO dry and stale that Mark took it back in disgust. I'm glad I wasn't with him in the shop when he went back to complain, I'd have been so embarrased!! :-/ OH DEAR!! He came back with a croissant... which wasn't fantastic, but was a 10000% improvement on the stale bagel!

Anyhoo, LOL, here we are enjoying our coffee and croissant!!

 My gorgeous girl (with a bit of the stale bagel!!)
Awwwww :-)
I got lots of lovely cuddles!

Rubbing noses!!

After our coffee, we went into the Harbourside shops to buy my present... new Ugg boots! I was very excited about this... my old ones have lasted FOUR YEARS!! Well, I wouldn't say lasted, they probably past the point of acceptable at least 12 months ago!! Definitely time for a new pair... and we got them at a great marked down price too. HAPPY DAYS!

These photos are when we got home, but while I'm talking about my present - here they are :-)





Perfect, and being put to good use already :-)

After out shopping expedition, we headed to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. This place is amazing! It seats over 500 people. HUGE. We got a lovely table inside out of the cold wind but right by the window overlooking the harbour. Perfect :-)


View from our table - in front of me

The view over my right shoulder!


Hannah had some fun with the colouring in picture and crayons... mainly trying to eat the crayons, as is her want. But was quite fascinated in Daddy doing some colouring!!


Don't go outside the lines Daddy!

LOVE!

Mummies received a glass of complimentary champagne, and our meals were delicious. 

Cheers!
My yummy beef Fajitas! (No calorie counting on Mother's Day!!)
Mark's Legendary 10 oz. Burger


After lunch we went for another walk around the harbour, along Cockle Bay Wharf and around past the Aquarium and Wildlife park, and Hannah got to stroke a blue tongue lizard. Well, actually she tried to grab him :-O YIKES!!

We headed for home after that and it wasn't long until my little poppet zonked.


We finishsed the day off with afternoon tea in our favourite cafe, Sassafras, in the local village near home.

All in all, one very happy Mummy :-) Thank you Mark and Hannah for making it such a wonderful day xxx

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing day Claire, just beautiful! You deserve all the spoiling you get :) :) xxx

    ReplyDelete